Monday 30 May 2011

My Favourite Quotes! What Are Yours?

It was Benjamin Disraeli, the great English Statesman who once said that the wisdom of the wise, and the experience of the ages may be preserved by quotations. Today, I will post a few (out of several hundreds) of my favourite quotations which have influenced my thinking and action positively in the last one decade.

1. Blessed is the man that has found his work, let him ask for no other blessedness- Thomas Carlyle
2. The crowd, the world, and sometimes even the grave step aside for the man who knows where he's going, but pushes the aimless drifter aside.-
3. The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are as in what direction we are moving.- Oliver Wendell Holmes
4.Hold a true friend with both hands.
5. I will read, I will study, I will prepare myself and someday I know my chance will come.-Abraham Lincoln
6. Make the most of yourself for that is all there is of you. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
7 .I will prepare myself until my opportunity comes and when my opportunity comes, I will prepare myself.
8. Well-married, a man is winged. Ill-married, he is shackled. -Henry Ward Beecher
9. There is gold where you stand.
10. Everything rises and falls on leadership. -John Maxwell
12. The only competition worthy of a wise man is with himself- Anna Jameson
13. You cannot do wrong and not suffer wrong
14. Every man alone is sincere, at the entrance of another, hypocrisy begins. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
15. Persistence is what makes the impossible possible, the possible likely and the likely definite.- Robert Half

1 comment:

Niyi Charles said...

I have a million and one that like but one of my favorite is, "The heights that great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night."--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow